If you missed me at the Southern Women’s Show this weekend in which I presented Healthy Lunch Ideas on the Cooking Stage, don’t worry, I’m going to share a few of the delicious recipes I whipped up on stage! You can also find these recipes in my new book, Lunch, by me! which is now available to order as a kit, on Amazon and as an eBook on both the Kindle and Nook.
My favorite recipe in the book is the healthy banana bread. With the crisp, fall weather upon us, it was the perfect weekend to whip up some of this delicious and healthy banana bread. I can feel good about packing this in my kid’s lunches because it is full of fruit and whole-grains. If you have a gluten-intolerance you can also make this gluten-free by substituting coconut flour for the whole-wheat pastry flour.
Image courtesy of David Castillo Dominici at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
As I shared with guests at the Southern Women’s Show this weekend, to make it even more fun for kids, cook the banana bread in a 9X13 pan instead of a loaf pan, and cut them into shapes with cookie cutters. I used a flower cookie cutter and made banana bread and fruit kabobs. Delish!
Stacy’s Healthy Banana Bread
- 1 container of Dannon Light & Fit Banana Cream Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl – flours, baking soda and salt.
- Mash bananas with potato masher. Add vanilla extract, sugar, yogurt and eggs. Slowly add the wet ingredients into the drying being careful not to overmix.
- Spoon into 9X13 baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool completely and then cut into shapes with cookie cutters.
Contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Lunch, by me! kit.
Are you looking to save time, money and stress? Are you tired of rushing in the morning to pack your kid’s lunch? Do you feel that you are constantly nagging your kids to take more responsibility? Do you see dollar signs when your kids bring home their lunch box filled with the foods you lovingly packed uneaten and spoiled? Does it stress you out when you are stuck in the kitchen packing lunches instead of spending quality time with your family?
Lunch, by me! is the answer you’ve been looking for! Lunch, by me! eliminates stress, promotes healthy eating, good nutrition, independence and self-esteem by teaching children how to pack their own healthy school lunch. Lunch, by me! is filled with easy-to-prepare recipes that kids love to make, eat and share. From planning their lunch menu to going to the grocery store to cooking to packing their lunch, children are engaged in every step of the process. It’s easy for kids to use and it offers numerous benefits, including:
- Teaches children about nutrition and reinforces math, reading and science concepts with hands-on learning
- Saves parents time by allowing children to take responsibility for packing their own lunch
- Saves money by elminating purchasing unwanted food
- Elminates stress by creating a plan for the week rather than rushing to find items to pack in your child’s lunch each day
- Illustrates how the food choices we make affect our mental, physical and social well-being
- Encourages independence and responsibility
- Provides easy and fun recipes that kids can prepare themselves
Lunch, by me! is designed to help you provide your child with a healthy, nutritious lunch without nagging, fighting or stress. By providing you and your child with a lunch plan, menu and shopping list, it helps you focus on what’s most important…spending time with your family.
The Lunch, by me kit includes:
- Lunch, by me! Write & Wipe Checklist
- Lunch, by me! bin for the pantry
- Lunch, by me! lunch container – Personalized with your child’s name
- Grocery shopping list
- Stickers of kids’ favorite foods
- Lunch, by me! love notes
For a limited time you can get this entire kit for only $20. Simply email Stacy Cacciatore to order your kit today.
Are you looking for a way to create order amongst the chaos of your morning routine? How would you like your kids to learn about nutrition while teaching them responsibility? Look no further than Lunch, by me! This kit offers parents and children everything they need to make packing a nutritious lunch easy and fun! This complete kit is available for a limited time for only $20: a savings of over 50%. Contact Stacy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://lunchbymekit.com to place your order.